Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Some work along the way

I have not been doing much printing or rubbing, but managed this small piece at Zion, on a background of hand dyed fabric I created in Australia. Not having enough fabric with me, I went to Walmart in Page & bought some other colours. Below is a print of the plant Mormon Tea, commonly seen by the desert country roadsides.
In Bryce I wrapped a Ponderosa pine tree trunk for a print, the day before it snowed.  Below is the 'after' shot.

This is the bark of the pine. It flakes off like scales. And I had never seen the work of a Wood Pecker
bird on this tree before- such a neat pattern!


2 comments:

  1. Very interesting. You were lucky to find a Walmart with fabric...they are closing down that department and the Walmart in our area is already gone. Thanks for sharing your rubbings..always a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue - love the rubbings and wrappings - would you contemplate a field trip/class with interested participants to show us your "kit" and how to do it???

    ReplyDelete