Thursday, May 28, 2009

Caught my eye at Quilt National 09

There are many pieces which caught my eye & drew me in for a closer look at Quilt National 09. The few I'm sharing with you in this post & the next are by no means the extent of the wonderful work on display which ranges from quirky to sophisticated with the full range of today's art quilt techniques & execution being explored.
Ginny Smith caught my eye with the bold yellow & black of her naive styled design.


Sue Cavanaugh uses shibori in 'Ori-kume#1' right & was awarded the Lynn Goodwin Borgman Award for Surface Design.
Kathy York's 'Little Fish in a Big City' below, had the novelty factor with it's dimensionality & you can read more about the construction on her blog.




1 comment:

  1. Wow! You are very busy. I love seeing all of your photos and hearing about the great things you saw and folks you met. Thank you for giving me a glimpse!

    ReplyDelete