Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Home Down Under

I am finally home after many delayed flights & one that was cancelled. I started travelling home from Athens, Ohio at 8am on Sunday & got to sleep in my own bed on Tuesday night.
While waiting for our delayed flight in Columbus Ohio, Lorraine Carthew & I met the delightful Yvonne Porcella founder & first President of Studio Art Quilt Associates. She was also attending the SAQA conference Art & Excellence in Athens.
I'm a big fan of Yvonne's as it was her colourful quilts that I first saw when beginning my quilt making journey in 1990. We passed the hours in delightful conversation with a generous, knowledgeable & interesting woman.
As I still have many images from the conference & my trip I'll be sharing these with you over the coming weeks. Thank you to everyone who has been following the blog & passing on comments to me. It's nice to know you care.

No comments:

Post a Comment