Saturday, May 2, 2009

Wet/Dry # 4

Have you worked with simultaneous contrast in your quilts? I've had great fun doing this in series such as Gone Troppo & the Wet/Dry. In Wet/Dry # 1 & 2 I dyed my fabric intense bright blue & orange to achieve this. The complimentary colours [opposites on the colour wheel] took on a vibrational quality when combined- the effect I was after.
Try staring at a red square for a minute then look away onto a white page- what colour do you see?
Tomorrow I'll be announcing the lucky reader who has won a 12 month free subscription to Get Creative magazine. To be in the draw please leave a comment here.

2 comments:

  1. Not working for me, must be something that needs sunlight or daylight, not my flourescent lights. Thank you for your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. My white paper turned into a lovely shade of pale blue. Jan

    ReplyDelete