Thursday, May 14, 2009

Westchester County- New York State

I have changed location for a couple of days to catch up with quilting friends in Westchester County & have been having a great time, yesterday going to a guild meeting of the Village Squares Quilters. I have taken many photos to post here, but ask for your patience as I can't work on my own laptop at the moment.
One cultural word difference came up when we were having breakfast & were assailed by the noise of gardeners in the neighbourhood. I said "I see you have the gardener using the whipper snipper." Blank look, some explanation & turns out the "weed whacker" was trimming the edges!

2 comments:

  1. Nothing like beating/whacking the weeds about the head. Sounds like a great frustration reliever
    Glad to hear you are having a fantastic time.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. We also have "Whippersnappers" which refer to the young upstarts who always know more than we sage wise older fogeys. And sometimes they cut the grass!

    ReplyDelete