Monday, May 11, 2009

Rubbing Manhattan

Manhattan has rubbed off on me- well to be more precise onto my cloth! I brought some dye painted pieces of fabric that suggested windows with me & the US Mail box in the apartment building hall was just the perfect size for those sections-see photo below. The yellow isn't quite NYC Taxi yellow, but I can always change it later.
Of course I didn't bring enough fabric, but luckily Alice had a piece to spare, so the large mail box above is on a crackle patterned Debbie Mumm fabric which I recognised as having had a few years ago.
I thought I was doing really well with adjusting to US time until I woke at 3.45am & couldn't sleep! Oh, well....

2 comments:

  1. What a great reminder of your visit to USA. Love to actually see these pieces when you come home. Really enjoy your daily postings especially the 'arty' photos of the environment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm enjoying your take on Manhattan through your photos. I'm seeing it through "new" eyes. The mail box rubbing is inspired.

    Thanks. Diane

    ReplyDelete