Saturday, November 20, 2010

AiR #6

The Great Expectations Creativity Center is on Karey & Maurice Bresenhan's ranch, affectionately known as the 'Franch' as it is decorated in French Provincal style. I first became aware of the artist in residency through the Studio Art Quilt Associates list & the postings of Virginia Spiegel, who has been here a number of times.
It is a beautiful property with contemplative spaces, sweeping sky vistas & wildlife. I don't teach while I'm here but I get to contemplate & create in the purpose built, equipped studio. Many inspirational sights & experiences from our 4 week holiday through 7 States are percolating in the creative mix & now I'm also surrounded by further, hands on inspiration! The work I begin here will be part of 'Destination USA' my July 2011 exhibition at Gallery 159, Brisbane. I think I'm the first Australian to be an a-i-r here.

2 comments:

  1. Lucky you. Can't wait to see what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful setting you have to create in Sue. It looks very peacful and serene. Is that Old Man's Beard I see hanging from the large tree.

    ReplyDelete